Give an example or a situation to bolster your position.
- When the IRS decided to determine how many people were cheating on their taxes, they did a study in which the sample consisted of every adult in the United States.
- My professor conducted a study in which he was unable to measure any sample statistics, but he succeeded in determining the population parameters with a very small margin of error.
- A poll conducted two weeks before the election found that Smith would get 70% of the vote, with a margin of error of 3%, but he ended up losing anyway.
- The goal of a new startup company is to compete with Nielsen Media Research in compiling television ratings. They intend to succeed by providing data with a larger margin of error than Nielsen's while charging television stations the same price for their service.
- The goal of the research is to learn about depression among people who have suffered through a family tragedy, so the population of interest is everyone who has been sick in the past month.
- We know for certain that a majority of Americans support the President's position on this issue because an opinion poll found support from 65% of Americans, with a margin of error of 5%.