Defend your answer! Here's your claim ... what's your warrant?
Give an example or a situation to bolster your position
- A data set should be discarded if the mean exceeds the mode.
- A student with an average of 65 computes her new average after earning a 70 on the last exam. Her new average is 72.
- Observing that the mean weight of a group of patients is 154 pounds and the median weight is 145 pounds, the doctor concludes that there must be an outlier on the heavy side.
- Noting that there are three modes in his data set, Rob assumes there was an error in his data gathering.
- The two means in the data lie at 102 and 201
- The two medians in the data set lie at 23 and 28.
- The two modes in the data set lie at 45 and 100.